Stemming from CapitaLand’s focus on building people, we encourage employees to achieve their full potential through acquisition of new skills and on-the-job training. We invest in learning and development programmes and conducive environments that not only drive corporate performance, but also the professional development of our people. In 2013, nearly 4.0% of our annual payroll was channeled towards initiatives for employee learning and growth. These included personal development courses and certified training programmes to improve the skills of our employees. On average, each employee underwent 51.07 training hours, with 99.63% of staff attending at least one training event in 2013.
Culture & Values
As a wholly-owned subsidiary of CapitaLand, CapitaLand Singapore advocates the values of the Group. Our core values and corporate principles form the foundation for how we conduct business, how we treat various stakeholders and one another. Our culture is shaped by these shared values and principles that drive common business goals.
- Our people are our strength. We build people to build for people.
- We are committed to the highest standards of integrity.
- We have the courage to do what is right and the will to succeed.
- We add value to what we do through innovation and continuous improvement.
- We are fair and reasonable in all our actions and dealings with business partners, customers and colleagues.
- We contribute to the well-being of the community.
- Our only business is real estate
- Focus, balance, scale
- 4 core businesses, 3 key investments, 1 REIT and fund platform
- Entrepreneurship, Management, Technical (EMT) strength
- Financial discipline
- Building People
- Looking after shareholders and being fair to all business stakeholders
- Wider Group Interest (WGI)
Fair Employment Practices
As a group, we believe in responsible employment and are firm advocates of fair employment practices. Through CapitaLand, we have an undertaking with the Tripartite Alliance for Fair Employment Practices (TAFEP) through the Employers Pledge for Fair Employment Practices, and we conform to CapitaLand’s policies on nondiscriminatory employment practices. Our hiring procedures and recruitment advertisements, which are placed in newspapers and online job portals, underscore our assurance that all job applicants are treated fairly regardless of ethnicity, age or gender.